Pench National Park or Tiger Reserve is one of the premier tiger reserves of India and the only one to straddle across two states – Madhya Pradesh and Maharashtra. The reserve gets its name from the Pench River that flows, north to south, 74 km through the reserve. For purposes of tourism, there are two main gates on the Madhya Pradesh side of Pench Tiger Reserve. The gate that is mostly used is the Turia gate.
Pench is home to a variety of wild life and more famously for the Royal Bengal Tiger. However, Leopard sightings in this park stated to be among’st the best in India. Other predators in the park are Dhole (Indian Wild Dog), Wolf, Hyena, Jackal, and the Jungle Cat. The vast expanse of pastures and meadows along the river is a good breeding ground where you can catch herds of Cheetal, Sambar, Wild Boar and Gaur.
The park is a delight for bird lovers and is home to more than 300 species of birds including Orioles, Wagtails, White eyed buzzard, Horn bills, Kingfisher, Barbets, Orioles, Minivets, the crested serpent eagle, crested hawk eagle and a host of Raptors.
Detailed Itinerary – Pench Tiger Reserve
Location – Pench Tiger Reserve – Turia Gate – near Seoni, Madhya Pradesh
Days – 6-7-8 Jan 2017
Jan 6 – Friday
Reach Nagpur latest by 9 am -> Pickup from Airport/Station – 9:30 am -> Reach Pench Turia Gate by 1:30 pm -> Check in and have lunch -> head for evening Safari starting 3 pm -> back to hotel by 6:30 pm, rest, have dinner -> sleep
Jan 7– Saturday
Leave for Safari early morning 6:30 am -> Light breakfast during the safari -> back to hotel by 11:30 am, rest, have lunch -> leave for Evening Safari starting 3pm -> back to hotel by 6:30 pm, rest, have dinner -> sleep.
Jan 8– Sunday
Leave for Safari early morning 6:30 am -> Light breakfast during the safari -> back to hotel by 11:30 am – Checkout – Leave for Nagpur -> Reach Nagpur by 4 pm – head to your respective cities.
Cost per head – INR 11,000 (approx)
Cost Includes –
- 02 Night Accommodation In a hotel/resort near Turia Gate on twin sharing basis
- 4 Jungle Safaris In Pench Tiger Reserve
- Jeep Charge , Permit , Guide Fees , Driver Charges
- Naturalist/guide at the Time of jungle Safari
- All Government taxes/hotel taxes
- 3 lunches , 2 dinners, 2 breakfasts
- Travel – pickup in car/SUV from Nagpur station /airport to our stay near Pench
- Travel – drop in car/SUV from our stay to Nagpur station/airport
Cost Does Not Include –
- Travel to and from Nagpur from your city
- Anything which is not mentioned in the inclusion list
- All costs/itinerary are subject to booking availability. If there are any changes in plan or cost it will be informed to you well in advance.
- Your participation on the trip will be confirmed once you send the details needed – Name, father/s name, Govt. approved ID card number and advance deposit of INR 5000.
For more details contact reach us on;